Our Volunteers play a vital role in supporting The Cat Protection Society of Victoria staff with the day-to-day care of the cats and kittens who seek refuge at our Shelter. Although previous experience in animal handling is not a pre-requisite to becoming a volunteer, a passion for animal welfare and a commitment to the goal of our Society (to ensure that every cat has the opportunity for a loving, safe and healthy home) is important.
Volunteers can assist in working onsite at our Shelter and / or offsite as part of Fundraising and Events that we are involved and our team will provide full training, information and supervision to assist where required.
Volunteers who would like to assist at The Cat Protection Society must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be able to commit to a minimum of one, three-hour shift per week (during the week or over the weekend) for a minimum of 3 months (excluding Fundraising / Events)
- You must be able to follow and comprehend instructions and be able to work with minimal supervision
- You must be comfortable interacting with the public and other members of staff / fellow volunteers
- You must be able to provide at least one professional reference
- You must be physically fit with the ability to lift up to 10kg on a regular basis, as well as squat, bend and kneel to clean cat enclosures and transport cats in their carriers
- You must have had a tetanus vaccination within the last 10 years and be able to provide medical documentation of your vaccination
We have had a huge amount of interest in our Volunteer Program and at this stage, our Society does not have a need for any additional Volunteers. Please check this web-page reguarly to confirm when we will re-open applications for our Volunteer Program. Thank you in advance for your understanding.