If you have lost your cat, search our “Founds Cats” section to see if your cat may have been bought into our Society by a Banyule or Nillumbik Council Ranger or Member of the public. By law we cannot accept stray cats or kittens from any other council area.
We recommend the following to provide you with the very best chance of being reunited with your feline companion:
- Check if your cat is hiding by thoroughly searching your home and garden. Leave a window or door open so your cat may find their way back into your home
- Ask your neighbours if you can search their property
- Make a simple “Lost Cat” flyer with your details and a recent photo of your cat and display in your neighbourhood
- Report your Lost Cat on this web-page. Our team check this page on a regular basis when a new “stray” cat is bought into the Society
- Contact the microchip company your cat is registered with (if unsure, you can visit www.petaddress.com.au to confirm). You will then need to contact this company to check their details are correct and to advise that your cat is missing
- Contact The Cat Protection Society on 03 8457 6500 and any other shelters or pounds in your local area to report your cat missing