We Rely on Donations, Legacies & Memberships
If you would like to leave a gift to The Cat Protection Society of Victoria in your Will here are some simple options:
- Residuary bequest: enables you to leave the balance of your estate, once your family and friends have been provided for, to The Cat Protection Society of Victoria. A Residuary Bequest means that you don’t have to amend the gift in your Will if your financial situation changes.
- Specified amount: you may wish to specify the dollar amount or percentage amount that you would like to bequeath to The Cat Protection Society of Victoria.
- A perpetuity: you may wish to select a specific amount or percentage of your estate that is provided to The Cat Protection Society of Victoria as a permanent annuity, an annual amount, for a period of years or up to a certain total. In this way, The Cat Protection Society of Victoria can rely on your support with regular gifts into the future.
Your legal advisor can assist in helping you make the right choice.
Choosing the right words
It is important that you use the correct wording in your Will.
Our business details are below and should be included in any official documentation:
The Cat Protection Society of Victoria
PO Box 257
Greensborough Vic 3088
ABN 35 390 087 628
ACN 004 513 679
Tel: 03Â 8457 6500
Your solicitor may find the following bequest clause helpful:
I devise and bequeath to The Cat Protection Society of Victoria free of all taxes and other deductions [the residue of my estate/ or other type of bequest] to be used for the general purpose of The Cat Protection Society of Victoria, and the receipt of the Secretary or other proper officer of the said fund shall be sufficient discharge to my Trustee.
The Cat Protection Society of Victoria provides this information as a guideline only. We strongly recommend that you seek professional guidance from a legal or financial advisor.
We would be delighted to hear if you have included a bequest to The Cat Protection Society of Victoria in your Will so we may personally thank you for your generous support.
Ways to advise us could include:
- Writing a letter to The Cat Protection Society of Victoria advising of your intentions to make a bequest;
- Providing a copy of the relevant extract of your will or;
- Ask your solicitor to send us a letter confirming your wishes.
Click here to add your own text